Friday, October 31, 2008

Five Secrets of Life

I was sent this link by an acquaintance who is living with cancer. She is a clergy member of my annual conference. I pass it along to you because it is very moving and beautiful. But I also add something that I think is important, because as Christians we have a unique perspective. The “Five Secrets of Life” are given in a secular genre. But whatever is true is from God, so insofar that this is true, I believe, God has issued it. Therefore, after you have viewed the video (it’s about 6 minutes), consider my comments that follow. For me, it puts the whole thing in proper perspective.

Here’s the link: http://www.bkconnection.com/thefivesecrets/index.html

Now, after watching, consider:

1. Be true to yourself. This is the ONLY one of the five that needs any significant interpretation. Because as Christians, we believe that our “self” is corrupt. However, our “true self” is in Christ Jesus (who is NOT corrupt). For Christians, we might word this one “Be true to your true self.” So the scriptures for this are: 1 John 5:20 and Romans 12:5.
2. Leave no regrets. Philippians 3:13
3. Become love. 1 John 4:7-8
4. Live the moment. James 4:13-15
5. Give more than you take. Acts 20:35

Be Blessed!

No comments: